Marmot made the Lair 8-Person 4-Season Tent for mountaineers who need a large, bomber shelter to provide a comfortable haven during base camp storms. Not only does this 10-pole tent provide plenty of stability in strong winds and heavy snow, but it also includes a massive vestibule to cover gear. Marmot made the floor removable, so you don’t destroy it when you have to pitch the Lair 8 Tent on rocky ground or when you just don’t want to worry about spills in the kitchen.
Marmot equipped the Lair with its Window Weld technology, so you can check the status of the storm in the early morning of the hours, before you commit to heading up the mountain. Fully taped seams and a waterproof PU/silicone coating effectively seal out driving snow and wind, while multiple vents allow heat and condensation to escape whether you’re cooking up another round of quinoa-infused quesadillas or your climbing partners just happen to be a bunch of heavy mouth-breathers.
- Spacious base camp tent for mountaineering and arctic expeditions
- Spacious design comfortably accommodates up to eight people
- Fully seam taped fly with waterproof PU/silicone coating
- Multiple vents let accumulated heat and condensation escape
- Single, poled vestibule stores gear and withstands high winds
- Removable floor allows snow to be dug out beneath the tent
- Interior pockets store small pieces of gear
- Light-reflective guyout points with jingle-free zippers
- Item #MAR1157